Thursday, July 5, 2012

Welcome Prayer

I feel like all I've been doing lately has been posting prayers, but my brother showed me this one and it has been just what I've needed, although it is not easy!


The Welcoming Prayer (by Father Thomas Keating)
                                                  Welcome, welcome, welcome.
I welcome everything that comes to me today
because I know it's for my healing.
I welcome all thoughts, feelings, emotions, persons, situations, and conditions.
I let go of my desire for power and control.
I let go of my desire for affection, esteem,approval and pleasure.
I let go of my desire for survival and security.
I let go of my desire to change any situation,condition, person or myself.
I open to the love and presence of God and God's action within. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment