Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankfulness

More and more I'm practicing and seeing the necessity of thankfulness- especially in lean times. And since Thanksgiving was just last week, its a pertinent topic. It's not my natural bent- thankfulness- but sometimes lately I've surprised myself by the times my mind just wanders towards thankfulness. That is truly God's grace, people, because (as I mentioned) it is not my natural bent. I'm still working on it though!

Here is what I'm thankful for right now:
-good friends that take time to invest in me
-God's continued mercy in dad's health
-a healthy body
-uplifting music
-the fact that I have life options
-my brothers
-the spiritual leaders and directors God has put in my life
-tea
-watching sports and the fact that they are not filled with drama
-soup

Thats just what I can think of right now. There's definitely more!

What are you thankful for? Share in the comments of this post!

2 comments:

  1. 1 week ago I was sad, angry at my ex-girlfriend and overwhelmed with my first year of teaching. I'm grateful that God provided conversations with my pastor, my ex, a co-worker, and my students. Somehow He lightened my heart and my work-load. I'm grateful to be less sad, not angry, and feeling hope amidst being exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my class and the flexibility of my school that allows me to do a lot of fun Christmas stuff in the classroom. I'm thankful for my husband who is learning to speak my love languages. I'm thankful for a great community of believers in the Central Valley. I'm thankful to hear stories from time to time of what God is doing in the lives of those around me.

    ReplyDelete